Wake up to an alarm around what use to be 6:45 am is now 7:30ishh, to roll out of bed and get ready for my work from home day that is all of ten feet from my bed. My mornings of getting ready for work are no longer rushing to brush my teeth while preparing my to-go coffee after meal prepping the night before. Here has been what works for me to get a jump start on my mornings.
- Wake up and make your bed.
- Start your day with a clean room and a little productivity
- Stand up, stretch your arms, lean side to side, and touch your toes, you were just laying down for 8 hours.
- Brush your teeth and wash your face.
- Cleanliness hasn’t gone anyway, even if you haven’t.
- Skip the make up.
- A little chap stick and brushing the eyebrows/eyelashes is about it.
- Make my morning coffee.
- Water my plants.
- Take my morning coffee on the patio and do a 5 or 10 minute morning meditation.
- Take 5 or 10 minutes to do some dishes around the kitchen.
- We’re spending a lot more time in our kitchens, do a little cleaning here and there, so you’re not daunted by the mound of dirty dishes at the end of the day.
- Start up my computer and begin reading my e-mails.
I’d love to know what everyone else’s quarantine morning routines are! If you’re in need of one, give this a go!